Applications are invited from talented early- to mid- career researchers who are beginning to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields. Applicants may be working in any discipline (including, but not limited to, science, technology, engineering, medicine, arts, design, social and political science).
To be eligible for the programme, applicants should:
– have a minimum of 6 years’ research experience;
(For example, for applicants at a Higher Education Institution (HEI) this would typically comprise 3 years working towards their PhD, followed by 3 years’ post-doctoral research experience. For non-HEI applicants this could be 6 years’ experience in a research & development role in either business, industry or the public/third sector).
– be working in Wales, either at one of the partner HE institutions (Aberystwyth University, Bangor University, Cardiff University, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Swansea University, University of South Wales) or in research & development in a Wales-based non-HE organisation;
(Applicants from non-partner HEIs should contact the Welsh Crucible office for further advice).
– be employed by a partner HEI or a Wales-based non-HE organisation for the duration of the programme (i.e. until 31st July 2020);
– be able to commit to attending the full Welsh Crucible residential programme on all of the dates below:
Lab 1 (Cardiff) – May 14th and 15th 2020
Lab 2 (Bangor) – June 11th and 12th 2020
Lab 3 (Swansea) – July 16th and 17th 2020
– not have attended a Crucible in the last 3 years or be part of a current Crucible cohort.
The call for applications for Welsh Crucible 2020 is now closed.
If you have any questions about your eligibility for the Welsh Crucible programme please contact Dr Rhiannon Robinson at email@example.com